(Please read the important booking information below before making your reservation).
The Goat Island Guided Snorkel Experience Includes:
- PADI Snorkel Experience led by our PADI Divemasters
- Your snorkel equipment hire (mask, snorkel, fins and 3mm full length wetsuit)
- Fish ID card
- PADI recognition certificate
OPTIONIAL EXTRA NZ$25
MARINE-VU Board (Great for those who lack confidence in the water) Don't be left behind on the beach, why not join your group! You can lie on top of the flotation board and watch the fish through the perspex chamber and be part of the fun. Wetsuit and fins included for your safety.
Guided Snorkel Experience Course Prerequisites:
Bookings Essential - Information for You
- Minimum age of 6 (must be accompanied by a guardian)
- Basic swimming ability to get the most out of your experience. Flotation boogie boards are towed for added security or you can upgrade to a MARINE VU board (wetsuit and fins compulsory, life jackets are available for children)
- You can request a booking online by clicking here, we will take your credit card details, but your payment will not be processed until the day of your booking, as our guided snorkel experience is a weather dependent activity.
- The course is subject to availability and a minimum of 2 persons. First in first served for scheduled date
- Any cancellation calls due to weather are to be made by us. We have access to accurate weather forecasting information and have more than 12 years experience with local marine conditions. Your safety is our priority. We require a minimum of 24 hours notice for any cancellation for any reason.
What Others Thought About the Try Snorkel Experience:
"Thank you very much for organising an amazing snorkel activity at Goat Island. My managers loved every minute of it! A special thanks to Brian & Chris for instructing us. I am looking forward for future oppotunities:". Regards Giovanna, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. November 2012
"We had a blast, hundreds of Kingfish surrounded us, best time ever thank you so much. It was a great experience, the staff were happy and helpful and had as much fun as us, thanks heaps" Maree McGarva
"4 children 14, 12, 9 and 7 years and oursevles as parents. Absolutely LOVED the experience - will definitely pass the word around! Many thanks." the Land Family, Opononi, NZ
"The group had a fantastic time this year, and the leaders are keen to share it with a new group next year." Suzan Gredig, Resident Director -South Pacific Educational Support Centre, Australia
"We had a great time last week. I thought it was just a fantastic trip – I learnt so much and it was great to see the students being brave and snorkeling down to the bottom." Simon Todd - Languages International Social Programme Coordinator