Little Barrier (Hauturu)
Authorized Pest Free Operator
Apollo holds a Pest Free warrant confirming we have met DOC and Auckland Councils bio-security standards for visiting pest-free conservation Islands in Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf.
Safety to Shore Little Barrier
Our tender has a purpose built ramp which allows passengers to disembark with ease onto the slippery boulders of Little Barrier Island.
Prepare for your trip by being alert for stowaways such as Argentine ants, rainbow skinks, soil, seeds, mice or rats. Do:
- Make sure all food is packed and sealed in plastic rodent proof containers with lid.
- Ensure cardboard boxes are closed and taped – there must be no opportunity for an unwanted pest to access the box in transit.
- Ensure all footwear and gear is clean and free of soil.
- Thoroughly check any camping or overnight gear for stowaways. Gear that has been stored is high risk.
- Thoroughly check seedlings, potting mix or plant matter to ensure there are no hitch-hikers.
- Seal up your gear/food as soon as you have finished packing and leaved them closed till to reach your destination.
Without your co-operation your trip may not be able to take place, so if you have any doubts or questions about biosecurity, please ask.
Visit www.treasureislands.co.nz for further information on bio-security.