PADI Try Dive Experience
Imagine what it’s like to breathe underwater, to hover in a weightless world with marine life of all colours, shapes and sizes surrounding you. Goat Island Dive & Snorkel's
1/2 day Try Dive experience at Goat Island Marine Reserve is safe, fun and will leave you buzzed and keen for more!
Goat Island Dive & Snorkel's Try Dive Experience schedule:
- The Try Dive Experience runs on regular dates throughout the summer period
- Meet at Goat Island Dive & Snorkel - click here to view our location
- Dive theory lesson at the Goat Island Dive Centre, this includes basic skills of scuba diving and how the scuba equipment is put together
- Gear up time!
- We jump in the water at Goat Island Beach, practice your snorkel skills and get your confidence levels up from the safety of the shallow water
- Then, under the direct supervision of your PADI Instructor you will descend into shallow depths where you take your first breaths underwater
- Your Instructor will ensure that you stay safe and comfortable at all times
- You’ll be surrounded by a myriad of colourful New Zealand fish including Snapper, spiny Crayfish, bright Blue Maomao and many more
Don't forget to purchase an underwater camera from the Goat Island Dive & Snorkel shop.
(Please read the important booking information below before making your reservation).
We are now taking bookings for Try Dives.
$199 per person or $149 with a friend (2 or more) from the beach at Goat Island
$275 per person or $249 per person for 2 or more from our Dive Boat Apollo.
Try Dive Experience Includes:
- Scuba tuition and training
- The fitting and hire costs of your dive equipment
- A Try Dive amongst the fish at Goat Island beach
- A PADI recognition wall certificate
- To take part in this experience you MUST be able to swim to a medium level and feel confident in the sea. Ideally you have snorkelled before. If you have no previous experience join our Guided Snorkel Experience first at Goat Island Marine Reserve, this will give you the added confidence to participate in Step 2 the PADI Try Dive Experience
- Minimum age of 12 years
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- You must be medically fit to dive. Click here to view the medical questionnaire.
SUMMER DEAL - Book your PADI Open Water Course the day of your Try Dive and get a $50 Discount!
- Check you are 'fit to dive' - view the medical questionnaire here.
- Request a booking online by clicking here, we will take your credit card details, but payment won't be processed until the day, as our courses are weather dependent
- Goat Island Dive & Snorkel will be in touch with you to confirm your details and booking
- You can buy multiple PADI Try Dives as gifts. Please contact us if you have a group and we can discuss your options.
- If we have to cancel due to adverse weather conditions your Gift voucher expiry date will be extended a further month
- Bookings are essential
- The PADI Try Dive Experience is subject to availability and is first in first serve for scheduled dates
- Those intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will not be permitted to the Try Dive Experience
- This course is a scuba dive experience only - it does not certify you to dive without a qualified instructor
- We guarantee the systems are in place to offer you the ultimate PADI Try Dive Experience. However we can’t guarantee your personal level of confidence in the water. You must be able to swim to a basic level to get the most out of this experience
- Any cancellation calls due to weather are to be made by us. We have access to accurate weather forecasting information and have more than 10 years experience with local marine conditions. Your safety is our priority. We require a minimum of 48 hours notice for any cancellation for any reason
- Please make sure you leave at least 24 hours after your Try Dive before flying
PADI Try Dive not for you? Click here to read more about Goat Island Dive & Snorkel's Guided Snorkel Experience.
Please click here to view our Cancellation policy.
What do our customers think?
"Anyone interested in scuba should definitely go on a try dive. They made me feel comfortable and safe and stuck with me the whole time. You learn a lot from them and have the time of your life as well. They've very much inspired me to getting a diving certification. I absolutely love Goat Island Dive and I will remember this experience forever! Thank y'all so much for everything and we so enjoyed our time there. Goat Island Dive is the best!'
Jamie Nanquil, Auckland