The PADI Advanced Open Water course qualifies you to dive to deeper depths anywhere in the world!
The course is designed with excitement in mind - whether you are new to diving or have logged 100s of dives - this course will refine your skills and build on your knowledge of the underwater world.
Benefits of completing your Advanced Course with Goat Island Dive & Snorkel:
- You learn to dive in a world first Marine Reserve and get up close and personal with New Zealand’s friendliest fish
- Your boat diving is at one of the Outer Gulf Islands we visit either at Mokohinau Islands, Great Barrier Island , Little Barrier , Sail Rock/Hen & Chicken Islands . Apollo is a stable 13m dive boat with easy entry and exit points, hot water shower, coffee and tea and toilet
Our instructor to student ratios maximum of 1:6 ensure you are taught to dive properly and safely
Choose from our convenient weekend course schedule
You can complete your study online with PADIs E-Learning programmes
PADI Advanced Open Water Course Schedule
Goat Island Dive & Snorkel's PADI Advanced Open Water course is focused around your individual needs as a diver. This course will improve your skills whatever your level of experience and we work as a team to complete challenging objectives on every open water dive using different underwater scenarios and role playing.
SUMMER SCHEDULE 2013/14
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th
with the option of a night dive on Friday the 6th
Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th
Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th
The Advanced Open Water course includes:
- PADI Advanced E Learning Online
- 3 shore dives on Saturday including Navigation, also choose from Fish ID, Naturalist, Night, Peak Performance Buoyancy or try your eye at digital photography (camera to hire extra)
- 2 x Boat Dives at an Outer Gulf Island where you will complete your deep dive and your choice of Boat Diver, Diver Propulsion Vehicle, Naturalist, Fish ID, Digital Photography
The PADI Advanced Open Water course will qualify you to reach deeper and more interesting sites with the skills necessary to be confident.
Included in the Goat Island Dive & Snorkel Advanced Open Water course
$549 (equipment can be hired at a 50% discount for the duration of the course).
Book your Rescue Diver Course during your Advanced Open Water course and get a $50 discount.
So what’s the Advanced Course really like? Ask our customers...
"I really enjoyed the dives on day 2, the location and environment was great. I learnt a lot from the course and feel more confident as a diver." Erin Jones, Auckland
"Was great fun and would be more than happy to do it again!" Joel Stirling, Auckland
"Lovely team, great environment, and I've learnt a heap!" James Harper, Auckland
“I had great fun, learnt some new skills and cleaned up bad habits. Awesome dive spots!” Jamie Thomas, Auckland
“Goat Island Dive will continue being my favourite team. Gaining my Open Water and completing my Advanced, I’m now heading for EFR, Rescue and DM internship.” India Evans, Warkworth